View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

goshknows HB User
Ischial Bursitis/Weavers Bottom

I've got Ischial Bursitis. I've been dealing with this discomfort since Nov. of 2007. I've been seeing an ortheopedic surgeon for 5 months. After several PT sessions, and 3 injections into the infected bursa, I'm still suffering from butt pain when sitting and driving. The only relief I get is when I'm lying flat on my back. My doctor is now giving up on me and is ready to send me to Pain Management. I want my issue corrected, and not hidden with pain medicines. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I'm getting ready to try my luck with a Neurologist for a second opinion. I've been miserable now for all most a year. It's really starting to do a number on me emotionally. I'm normally a very active person, but because of this pain I can't do anything that I use to do. I ride motorcycles, and I love to kayak. I also enjoyed riding my bicycle. Well I can't do any of these things any more because of my butt pain. This pain is on the right side, lower buttocks area, it's my sit bone, not my tale bone.

Has anyone out there every had "Ischial Bursitis"??

The Following User Says Thank You to goshknows For This Useful Post:
Ted Maybury (10-06-2012)