View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
(male)

rflem814 HB User
Smile Re: how hight does white blood cell count need to be with chronic lymphocytic leukem

I have all my test results for the past 30 years. A few years ago my Dr. said I probably had a condition, but to be sure invovled nasty tests and even if it were confirmed, there wasn't anything you could do about it, so why bother. Three years ago I was bounced from a scheduled operation beause of elevated white count of 12. Had the operation, had the bone marrow test and yes I had CLL. After researching what that was, I went back to my test library and found my WC started increasing in 1995 when it went from 3 to 5. So, I have had CLL for 13 years. My last test was 16, down from 20 four months earlier. It does yo yo. I always have a fan on me because I sweat a lot. I live in Arizona where the current temp is 117, but I sweat a lot more in Los Angeles where it is 70, but humid. Weight loss is not a problem. Get up and go..is. I am on Green Tea extract of 375 + a day. Lots of vitamins, red wine, and fish oil. I am 80 and doing quite well actually. Drove to LA recently at an average speed of 74. My main problem is "Bite like reactions". A small dot, itches like you can't believe. Next day a red blotch about the size of a half dollar. Next day a really blood red blotch about the size of two half dollars. The whole area itches. By day 5 it has faded a lot and no more itching. They start where I have tight clothing. The elastic of my sock or my shorts. The back of my legs, under my arm. About two months apart. Sound familiar to anyone?
Keep clean. You have better chance of dying from an infection than you do from CLL.
Dick in Arizona