View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Does the hurt from HPV ever go away?

So for the past few days, people were making rude jokes about STDs around me. Of course none of these people know that I have HPV/genital warts. But I was talking to this guy that I sort of liked in the past. I don't really have feelings for him anymore but he made a joke about herpes. I don't have herpes but I'm sure people with genital warts can relate to the stigma of either STD. I kinda laughed along but felt like **** about it. I don't watch much tv but for the past few days, all I have been hearing is STD jokes. Like for instance, on the george lopez show. George was showing his daughter pictures of genital warts. You can hear the crowd getting disgusted. He even made the remark that "this is when they start to ooze out puss too". Ok, warts don't ooze out puss but whatever. Then I decided to watch MAD tv and it was a skit about a school nurse telling everyone what kind of STD's the classmates have. She goes to Suzi and says "Oh I'm sorry, you don't have the clap, you have vaginal warts." Once again you hear the crowd being disgusted and laughing at the same time. For some reason, that was the third STD joke I heard and this one bothered me. My eyes were stung with tears after the joke was over. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I don't think the hurt of having HPV will ever go away for me.