View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
(female)

happy1mosaic HB User
when is it time to come off of Namenda?

My mothere has been on Namenda for probably 5 years now and is in the late stages I would say. She is young only 69 so this started when she was 62! since she is in an alzheimer's facility the majority of her money goes there so trying to make it last as long as possible but who med costs are high even with an AARP prescription plan! The Namenda is the most expensive and one of those drugs that you just don't know what willl happend if you take her off! she was never put on Aricept or anyting with it just the Namenda! in the beggining I noticed a change for the best but that was at least 5 years ago. I don't want to take her off and make matters worse since she is happy right now and doing as well as can be expected but if this is just costing un-needed money then it would help her in the long run to come off of it. Her doctor doesn't know and said it is a chance you take if you take her off what will or will not happen. Just trying to find out if anyone has had experiences with taking a loved one off and what happened! My sister says deep down she knows it is not doing any good, but I'm the one that has to make the decision and I feel like I'm playing russion roulette with her! Just wanted to see if anyone has had exp. with that and can share with me.