View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User
weird sensation in my chest, not burning, but more electricity like.

i was just wondering if anyone else has this. i can't really figure out if it's GI issue. it happens when i am laying down. sometimes when i'm asleep it will wake me up. but today i kept trying to fall asleep and it would happen over and over again and now i'm just fed up.

i will feel a weird electrical shock type feeling in the middle of my chest. a bit above my sternum and a bit to the left. it's like someone is running electricity through my chest. it last approximately 1 second. it also feels like something inside is being 'wrung out' at the same time. a squeezy feeling, but very light and short.

i feel pretty calm when it happens, i don't notice any extra heart beats, no loud beats, no other symptom. i felt my pulse after one of these and it was pretty normal and quiet. it seems to go away when i sit up. i've been jolted awake i think from these episodes. usually with an adrenalin rush & major panic attack. deep breathing will make it go away, i also swallow alot of air and sit and burp and reburp myself insanely after. it feels like i'm letting pressure out (but don't think i really am, just swallowing more air). I have really bad acid reflux, but it comes and goes, right now it's not too bad.

right now, i am sitting here writing this, the last bunch of these happened about 20 minutes ago, about four in a row within 15 minutes. right now my chest feels like it is slightly electric. i know that's a weird description but the only way i can describe it. kind of shivery and light.

I always burp after.

The Following User Says Thank You to PumpkinSeed For This Useful Post:
dnk1205 (05-30-2011)