View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: want to help a friend

Well I'm glad your friend is getting the help she needs finally. She may have to try a few different medications before they find one that really works well for her. Hopefully she will be able to function fairly well. If she still sees the little girl, she may need a different medication, depending on what her doctors say.

She trusts you, so maybe that will be a bonus. I'd say if she mentions it again, say that you don't see it but you believe she does. You don't want to agitate her.

bless you and her husband. It's rare, rare people who will see someone through something like this. Some schizophrenics can get to a place where they are highly functional and can work, and a very very few can even get off meds eventually, but most must stay on meds for life, and it's a difficult, frustrating and very very misunderstood disease. I wish you and her all the luck in the world.