View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: no such thing as lymes disease in michigan

Hi Sherrie, oh my heart feels for you. I know many of us can relate here. I just want to say that in my own opinion you need more treatment. I have been on antibiotics, alternative, ect now for 8 years , trying different protocols. Misdiagnoised for about 15 years before that....

I must say that I no longer have pain in my body. Oh boy my knees were just horrible, and had gotten to the point where I had to be carried and couldn't use my arms. And all of the things you say you are going through. It is just crazy stuff I'l tell you.

In what I know and have learned about having Lyme for so long is you need long term treatment to get the little critters back into remission. I don't feel that any of us will be truly cured. But you can get some quality of life back. But it takes alot of work as you know ...I feel Sherrie that you should get to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. That would be the best thing to do. Someone that will not give up on helping you. All of the things you are still experiencing well in my own opinion you are stil being affected by lyme and you need more medical treatment. Living on pain pills, and antidepressants are only a bandage to your problems. You need proper treatment. Just because you have tried this blood treatment that doesn't mean that it worked all the way.

Other things to be tested for to help you get full recovery are for co-infections, Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma, and many of us have Chlamydia Pnumoniae bacteria. (not the sexualy chlamydia)...There are many things ticks carrry. So if you are just being treated for one thing and have other things going you need to be treated for them also or it will be a losing battle. I have also learned that test for many conditions are just not accurate. That is why getting to a LLMD will help, they go on physical findings and not solely on test. You can post a new thread and ask for a LLMD closest to you.

Another thing is having your titer checked for any of the herpe virus family. Such as Epstein Barr, Cytomeglovirus, ect..ect...

Don't give up okay.

By the way, Welcome to the Board!

Jodie