View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: Dear ladies, I need a sympathetic ear.......

Dearest friends, you are such a comfort to me today.........

Thank you all for the warmest wishes........I know in my mind I have to look after myself first and foremost, if I could just get my heart to catch up. I feared also that it is true things could worse......how awful that this is even possible. My mom does need a break, but not knowing how her mother is will wreak havoc with her depression, and she's already hanging by a thread with that. When she gets really low, she becomes really hard to deal with, and in all my years I've yet to figure out how to not let it affect me so much. It's a lifetime of dealing with this particular relationship....and very hard to change...but I am trying.
I always knew if I had a girl, her middle name would be Mary. My grandmothers name is Mary, my mom's middle name is Mary, and so is mine. So I knew I would continue that.

The first time I was pregnant I told all my family, and my grandma was so happy for me. This time around, there is no one left to tell.......no one left in my family to wish me well......so I will take all of you up on your kind offers to be surrogate grandmas.....because I could use all the kind words and encouragement I can get....

thank you all...
Much love,
Caroline xo

P.S.....I have heard of you all handing out these "towels".....and think I will need to have one for myself now....

Last edited by mary09; 08-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to mary09:
luyingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mary09 For This Useful Post:
luyingjie (01-24-2012)