View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Dear ladies, I need a sympathetic ear.......

A come to jesus meeting is like a revival. You don't stop talking until you get your point across. You have to punch through the denial, bear the soul, and don't give up until the recepient relents. I did raise one stubborn daughter! Then you have to back up what you say. If I start talking about my sisters she will look at her watch and when 5 minutes are up she will simplys say... Time's up!! If I go back to it later she glares at me and tells me I used my time for the day already. It didn't take long before we were both laughing about it.

So when you go to Niagra tell your Mom that you are there for fun and relaxation. Tell her she has XX amount of time to say all she needs to say about her family and then no more talk of the family chaos is allowed and hold her to it. It will do you all good. The next day she can have another talk session for a limited time and then it's over for the day. That gives time to vent but don't make the focus of the day on the troubles.

Have fun on the trip.....

Love, deb

Last edited by Gabriel; 08-20-2008 at 06:42 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Gabriel:
luyingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
luyingjie (01-24-2012)