View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
(male)

corbett17 HB User
2 Years Of Chest Pain

Hi - My 43 y/o wife has been having chest pain now going on 2 years with no idea why. It started in her left side, and so I rused her to the ER. They gave her nitro which stopped the pain right away. So they are thinking cardiac. So they run all tests and there is no sign of any problems. They run EKG, cardiac blood tests, stress tests, etc and all come back normal. Anxiety was ruled out as well. Over the last 2 years the pain has been constant and has spread over a wider area of her chest. I have had her in the ER a second time because the pain was in her left arm and jaw, and she was sweating. Again, nitro relived the pain. They re-ran all the cardiac tests and found nothing. So now, they moved to GI. They start her on Prilosec which does not help, then Protonix 2x a day, still no relief (pain is worse, actually). They do a scope and find no problems in her GI tract, everything is norma. So now they are trying Nexium to see if that helps. She has an ultrasound scheduled next week to look at her gall bladder, but from what I read, gall bladder pain usually presents on the right side.

So, any one at all with any ideas at all, please help a worried husband.