View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Lumbar Fusion--the bladder problem/question...What meds and why happening

Originally, my Dr. thought I had CES...but later realized that I have Arach. I take Flomax to help me go to the restroom and I also do a self cath. to train my bladder to completly empty. I make sure i go and sit on the toilet, every 3-4 hrs. and with all that, I finally have my bladder trained to empty when I go and I do not get up at night too often now.

BTW, I have had 2 lumbar fusions, and they believe that is what caused my Arach., so I believe that a fusion could lead to having this disorder. The way that we figured that my problem was neurogenic (meaning due to nerve damage) was the Urologist did several tests, including an ultrasound and a test to measure how much liquids go in me, before I feel like I have to go. These tests were to check to see if I had problems with kidney/renal failure. When those came back to be just fine, the only thing left was due to nerves. Have you had these type of tests? I would highly recommend seing a Neurologist. Once we figured out what was wrong, my surgeon referred me to one and told me to make sure that I do not see a neurosurgeon...but a Neurologist.

I hope somthing in this has helped you.

Lorie