View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Toddler MD Symptoms *Please Help*

espen19, Hi,

I don't want to try to diagnose over the internet nor scare you unnecessarily. It could be many things. I myself have Muscular Dystrophy so let me tell you what I know about that.

Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy is a muscle disease that affects little kids, almost always boys age 1-6. It is a recessive illness meaning both parents pass on one copy of the bad gene giving the child two bad copies. In most cases there is no family history because everyone carrying the one bad gene is totally unaware. The bad gene is carried in the X chromosome.

The symptoms are severe weakness, not being able to get up off the floor or keep up with other children.

I would suggest contacting your local MDA clinc. These are the clinics funded and run by the Jerry Lewis telethon. They are great there, compassionate and informative. There are many in Michigan.

I don't mean to sound callus, I am just trying to be straight forward and candid. I truly hope that it is not MD and that this proves to be something less serious. Very best of luck to you and your son.

Mark