View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Ok, here it goes....I have a dx of MAV. It will be 3 years in Feb. The Dec before I was feeling very strange. I was dizzy and just felt sick. In Jan I would be walking and feel like I was falling side to side. This came and went. I just blew it off. In Feb I walked my daughter to the bus stop, turned to come home and it felt like the world dropped. I was very dizzy and sick. Went to the Dr. was told anxiety. I have had anxiety in the past. This was not. After 2 weeks in bed I went to a new Dr. He ordered an MRI and it was normal. Went to a neuro he sent me to KU to a otologist. He did some tests and called it MAV. (He is a very good dr). I didn't believe him, because I rarely have headaches. Over the last couple of years I have seen many drs and had many tests. I have bought into a couple of terrible dx's that have not amounted to anything. I now have a neuro that agrees with the MAV.

My symptoms are:

Balance issues: walking is difficult. I can't do things like take a walk around the block. I can only go short distances without hanging on to something like a wall, grocery cart ...

Brain Fog: All the time. I don't feel quite as smart as I once did.

Neck and Shoulder pain: My muscles are very tight and sore all the time.

Weakness and shaky: It is pretty much all the time. Its a little better in the am. If I am standing I need to be leaning on something.
Vision: Shaky, and like I am seeing gas fumes all the time. My eyes are tired and dry.

Muscles: They sometimes feel weak. I have spasms.

Tingling: I have tingling in hand and feet and sometimes my face.

Anxiety: If I am having a very bad day...this seems to take on a life of its own.

I have alot of other weird things. I don't know if they are related or not. I don't know if I would notice them if I weren't paying attention.

I am very blessed to be able to stay home. There is no way that I could work. Going to the grocery is a huge accomplishment for me. I have 5 kids and a husband that travels. The worst part of this is that I can't be the kind of mom and wife that I wish to be.

Let me add that one of the worst feelings I have is I can't tell if I am moving or it is something else moving. Am I bobing my head or am I not?
CK

Last edited by cknmbbl; 09-18-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: more info