View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

gcbpgh HB User
Re: cirrohsis of the liver, How can I tell what stage of the disease I'm in?

What does your doctor tell you.........I was diagnosed this past spring and I am in the early stages......then I went on line........how is your ammonia levels.....how are you feeling.........how are you eating.......are you on medicine of any kind..........I was not a drinker......my liver was destroyed from auto immune hepatitis so alcohol is not a problem but protein is so I had to give up protein because the liver can't process a lot of protein........so you should be eating lots of salad, vegetables and chicken fish etc.
also stay away from dairy.....no processed foods.......exercise even if its walking.....do breathing exercises, drink water......milk thistle is an herb that I take.......you can be proactive.....don't wait for someone to tell you what to do.......go on line.....call your doctor......ask what stage you are in.....sometimes they don't really know but you determine what you are going to do today to help your liver and see where that takes you.....that's how I handle it......I don't let anyone tell me to give up......and I am not......so take care of yourself and stay away from negative people........
gcb in pgh