View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

SuddenlySerious HB User
Nervous Bladder Issues

I am a perfectly healthy 21-year-old female. Things have been going very normally for me in terms of my bladder and urination (I do notably frequently- and sometimes unnecessarily- urinate because I always worry about what would happen if I wouldn't be able to use a bathroom for a long time). However, I recently boarded a 3 hour flight from FL to NY and I wasn't able to urinate. I felt the urge to go but something about the movement of the plane just prevented me from being able to relieve myself. This has happened before when I have taken those coach buses long distances that have lavoratories in the back. The plane incident was excruciating though. I think in my desire to force myself to go, I possible clogged something up because I was so tense but I couldn't make myself get it out of my system. It became increasingly painful and I knew that I needed to go but I just wasn't able to. I felt like my bladder would burst, it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. If we hadn't been 30 minutes from landing when this occurred I don't know what would have happened honestly. I thought either my bladder would simply explode and I would die, or I would pass out from the pain.

What is the solution for this? Is there a realistic way to get over my nervousness in urinating on public transportation or is there some kind of medication to prevent my feeling the urge so that I don't attempt to make myself go and as a result cause these problems?

I have a 6 hour flight to go on next summer and I am extremely worried about this.

I appreciate your thoughts in advance.