View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

chris5621 HB User
Question Pimples/Acne throughout scalp

For the past few months, I have been getting pimples all over my scalp. They start out red and sore, and end up with white/yellowish scabs. My scalp is getting very sore as the number/frequency of these pimples/sores/scabs keeps increasing.

I'm female, in my 30's, and have long, straight, very fine hair. I've also noticed my hair thinning quite a bit since these pimples started.

I've always had normal to oily hair, and have always shampood every day, sometimes twice a day. I have never had any adverse reaction or allergies or anything like that to any shampoos or products. I don't dye my hair, and I don't use any product or hairspray at all. I've never had any other serious skin condition.

Since this started, I have tried several different shampoos/strategies. I've tried the nizoral and the head and shoulders. <BECAUSE> of the oiliness, I've never used much conditioner...even so, I started trying different brands, and using less and less to the point that I've now completely stopped using conditioner. I've tried the neutrogena shampoo. I've even tried using a scrub brush when I shampoo! NONE of this has helped, and some of it has seemed to make it worse (particularly the Head & Shoulderse and nizoral).

What's happening to my head/hair??? Thank you so much for any advice or ideas you can give me!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-30-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Please always use whole words in your posts.

The following user gives a hug of support to chris5621:
genigets (10-27-2011)