View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

Marchmadness11 HB User
painful itchy forearms without rash

I have been afflicted with this painful arm burning and itching for 7 years. It seems to be seasonal - starting in September after summer and lasting 2-3 months. The pain and itching is worse at night and only relieved by ice packs. I have seen physicians and been prescribed topical creams, taken steroids and antihistamines but nothing relieves this debilitating problem. I believe it is triggered by sun exposure but only during this time of year. It seems to be nerve pain as it travels year to year from shoulders to forearms - possibly following a nerve. It affects both arms at the same spot each time. It is a burning, tingling, prickling type of pain and is only relieved by ice. I found others on this site who are afflicted with this pain - but ice seems to be the only remedy and I have found no real cause. I wonder if it affects females more than males and if others have found this to be seasonal. Because it causes sleepless nights, it has become debilitating over the years. At times I think that I am crazy because there is no rash or marks unless I claw myself during the night. I hope that one day I can find a cause and cure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marchmadness11 For This Useful Post:
gsweeney22 (12-28-2010)