View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
(female)

Nuttylulu HB User
Re: weird sensation in my chest, not burning, but more electricity like.

I too am getting this shock sensation. It is always worse at night, only lasts a second but is like an electrical surge through my chest. I sometimes get it when I swallow my own saliva, but sometimes it just happens on its own.
In the last week or so I have had to sleep propped up on a mountain of pillows as it seems to happen more when I am laying flat.
It often starts at night when I am semi-reclined on the sofa, and while it doesn't really hurt, it isn't a nice sensation and leaves me feeling anxious.
I am also finding at night time, my ears pop everytime I swallow, and I have become very sensitive to noises, not just loud noise.
For the past 10 months or so I have been having various chest twinges, palpitations, and "flipping" feelings in the chest happening daily and it has had me in a constant state of fear
. The doctor thinks it might be a Hiatus Hernia and I have been on Acimax & Nexium for reflux, which I don't suffer badly, along with my blood pressure medications.

This latest shock sensation is just another thing for me to worry about and nobody seems to want to really find out what is going on.

The only thing I have had done in the last few months is the Holter Monitor and it showed up nothing...but nothing seemed to happen in the 24 hrs I had it on...the usual case.