View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Stepmother geriatric appt

Thank you for the update Ry and hopefully this will be the beginning of finding out what is going on with your stepmom. I am glad she was so cooperative. The MRI should validate or rule out the stroke and can tell them other things that are going on. When you start weaning her off the medication be sure to keep a log of side effects observed. That will be a good record for the doctor to know what is going on with her. You know what she has done before so you will know what to tell them to expect.

I am sure they would say that my Mom is overmedicated for her age but we have tried the baby doses of so many different meds. When they decide to "wean" her off of something she goes into melt down mode. Right now her antidepressant is 4 times what it was and her PRN antianxiety is twice a day but she is functioning with less anxiety than she has in the past. It's all about what's best for the patient not normal for an age group. Hopefully they will get everything regulated and life will be better in your world.

My thoughts and prayers go with all of you and keep us informed.

Love, deb