Thread: Exhausted
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
(female)

tinkerbell46 HB User
Re: Exhausted

Lieve66

I noticed that your posting is a few days old. I hope that you are able to check the postings for answers. I noticed that you did not get much response and that is understandable as most caregivers are far too busy to be able to sit down to check e-mails. I live on the coast in Mississippi. I don't know how it is in your community but here you can start with your doctor and see if there is help some way there. I have found that once I started talking to people and asking questions, one person would send me to another person and so on until I could find some answers. I am not completely alone but yet I am. I am 62 years old and about a year before Katrina I took care of my mother-in-law for about 3 months and then we lost her but I stayed with her 12 to 14 hours a day (not like the 24-7 that you have) but then I came home to two teenage granddaughters that I am raising. We had Katrina (which we did not suffer greatly from) and then I took care of and lost my Aunt. I now share a home with my cousin who is bipolar and has medical problems, my 20 year old is married and has had 2 babies in 2 years, my 17 year old is bipolar and has tried to commit suicide several times. I am a caregiver and all that need care seem to flock to my door. I know how tired you are, I know how frustrated you are and I too would like to just give up and there were times when my two girls and I were homeless. I don't know for sure how I have made it, except that I have. You have to have hope (even when you don't even understand what hope is). Start asking questions, neighbors, physicians, social workers, strangers, anyone. Someone will be able to head you in the right direction. I love the quote that Mother Theresa said, "God will not put any more on you than you can stand, I just wish He didn't trust me so much." He sure trusts me a lot too. If there any anything I can do, let me know. Give me more information about where you have looked and what you have tried. There has to be a way for you to get some help. Remember, you have to take care of yourself too!!!!!