View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
(male)

Bryan84 HB User
Re: Beauty out the window! Anyone else have major facial hollowness?

Hey Sunflower,

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I've had TMD for a little over a year now, and it all began from wisdom teeth extractions. Ever since then I noticed my face has become drastically skinnier. My cheekbones are now very prominent, and like you, my cheeks and temple area are hallowing out (almost skeletal). Family and friends are worried that I'm losing an unhealthy amount of weight, but I can tell you right now that I actually gained 5 pounds since I was diagnosed. The reason I wasn't so worried about this is because I have also started long distance running since then (~30 miles/week) so I thought that may have been the contributing factor to my face thinning out.

Unlike you, however, I do have pain and soreness in my jaws, temples, neck and shoulders. I'm being treated at Tufts Craniofacial Pain Center, currently with a soft daily splint and an NTI at night. I also plan on seeing a Physical Therapist to loosen the multiple knots I have in my neck, shoulders and back.

Have you changed your diet or started exercising? This could be the reason you're losing face weight. Either way, I hope you don't have to resort to those fat injections...

-Bryan

The following user gives a hug of support to Bryan84:
Ponyo (10-29-2011)