View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Angry Have you ever had insurance payment refused?

This subject came up because my daughter's insurance company is refusing to pay for her treatment, MRI etc, thinking they can blame the soccer accident on someone else and let them pay for it. The surgery is tomorrow.

But as it relates to Alzheimer's ... when my Mom fell down the stairs at age 96and broke her hip, and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, both Medicare and her supplement at first refused to pay for her medical and surgical treatment. They said that since it was an accident, a third party might be found to blame it on. She fell in the home where she was living, on a staircase, in the dark because she herself had turned out all the lights. Wandering at night in her demented state.

My brother had mountains of paperwork and endless phonecalls before the two different insurances finally agreed to pay for her care. What a hassle.

We pay them good money for these services, and when we need them most they give us a hard time.

Has this happened to you also?

Love,

Martha