View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: pancreatic cancer end stage what to expect

Slavkadraskovic,

Just last night I read about someone who had end stage pancreatic cancer. The book I'm reading is not spicifically about pancreatic cancer so I was surprised to see it mentioned after I had read your post. The book is: "Anticancer - A New Way Of Life" by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD..

Basically, it was a brief mention of a man who was in end stage pancreatic cancer. His doctors said he would only have a few months to live. Then one doctor asked if he and his wife would like to try a diet that might retard the cancer. The man was confined to bed so it was up to his wife. She said yes and the diet was started. The bottom line is that he lived for another 4 1/2 years, during which time he was able to get out of bed and go back to work.

His cancer was never cured but was pushed back by about 1/4 of its original size. This fits with what Dr. Dean Ornish has said about prostate cancer: In clinical studies, slow growing prostate cancer has been set back by dietary means. The title of Dr. Dean's book is: "The Spectrum" I believe there's a separate chapter devoted to this subject of reversing, though not totally curing, prostate cancer.

If you're interested, I would advise reading the spectrum first. To save time, you could go directly to the chapter on prostate cancer to see what it's all about. The diet for pancreatic cancer would be the same as for prostate cancer. Basically, it's a plant based diet that won't cost you any more than what you're spending now. If anything, it will cost less because meat can be very expensive.

Good luck. If you decide to try it, I hope you will keep us up to date on how it's going.

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-23-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Word changes and punctuation