View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Weird leg sensations

What you are feeling is just nerves sending little bursts through thier channels. You have some pressure somewhere in your back that is presing on your nerve canal that is causing it to do those crawly feelings. AFater I had my back surgery, that was the first feeling I had when I started to get the feeling back in my left leg. First it felt like worms crawling, then ants crawling along....creepy feleing, but it's nothing to get upset about.

The EMG that your doctor ordered is a test to see if you have any nerve damage. With this test he can see if there is long term damage or recent damage to your nerves. What they do is insert thin needles into the path of the nerve and give it a little burst of electricity to see if you can feel it. That way they see of there is stll feeling-and life in the nerve. It's not the most pleasant of tests, but it is really necessary to tell if there is damage to the nerves.

Hope this helps explain your crawly feelings-they aren't anything to worry about, its' just a irritation to your nerves...