View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #20
(female)

LisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB User
Re: Anybody use a cane? (2 months post-op calcaneal osteotomy/tendon transfer, PTTD)

Yeah, "forgot." I'm not sure I buy it either. The original surgery took four hours. I suspect he decided that was enough for one day. I go back and forth between resigned and peeved (exTREEMly).

I'm to wear a surgical shoe. I haven't seen one, but it's been described to me as a sort of wooden sandal. That will keep me from bending my toe. I will be allowed full weight bearing, but have been urged to keep my toes above my nose for as much time as possible for "several weeks." I asked, "a couple weeks?" He said, "Several." Hard to pin him down, but I finally got him to spit out "Six."

My PT says this one's gonna be a piece of cake after everything else I've tackled. I just want it to all. Be. OVER. I want to make plans and carry them out. I want to find a job and do it splendidly. I want my life back. In my own hands.

Sending hugs,
Lisa <--cycling between whiny, drippy puddle, and Wonder Woman