View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Any experience in this?

I am truly sorry your visit today was such a frustration. Yep, It's time for a new doctor. I would have been tempted to trip her. I don't care if it was the last appointment before retirement and she was catching a plane for TimBuckToo.... you didn't get your money's worth on that visit. Call back to the office tomorrow and ask the nurse when and who will be doing what kind of evaluation. I would also ask any other questions that you feel were not answered and ask them to give you a return call with the answers. Also watch your Dad carefully for any side effect of the medications he is on. I am scratching my head wondering why he got an anti depressant for restlessness and anger. It sounds a bit more of an anxiety problem rather than a depression problem. If you don't see some improvement by friday I would call back about that too.

Mom had one of those doctor's that was pleasant, short, and dismissal. I became a thorn in his day. If you can't get answers in the office then get them on the phone!!!! Keep working on it little deb..... this is for you and your dad. You are your dad's advocate and you both deserve better.

Love, deb