View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
(female)

abeautifulash HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

I'm not sure exactly what "idiopathic" nausea is, but I have chronic, 24/7 nausea and have for years (2 and 1/2 to be exact). I've been diagnosed with biliary dyskinesia and that's what is causing the nausea. But regardless of what is causing it for you, I know all too well how miserable it is to live a life filled with nausea day in and day out. The things that seem to help me are: Taking Ginger capsules or soft gels (specifically Ginger Force), taking Dramamine (when the nausea gets unbearable and I'm on the verge of running to the bathroom), and making sure I take digestive enzymes with my meals. Another thing that has helped a little is peppermint oil or extract, or peppermint tea. Really anything with ginger or peppermint in it is good to take for nausea. I haven't tried any drugs for nausea other than Dramamine because I'm really sensitive to side effects and my doctor advised against it. As it is, the Dramamine wipes me out and makes me SO tired for an entire day, but I would rather be too tired to think than be unbearably nauseous. I think it's the worst symptom there is.