View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

Bungee3006 HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

Thank you for your replies. It just means that they have found no cause for the nausea. I am otherwise healthy, and have had so many tests over the past 3 years but nothing ever shows up. I have had several CT scans, coloscopies, endoscopies, ultra sounds, blood tests, gastric emptying,heavy metal testing, psychological testing, you name it ive had it! I have done all sorts of different diet exclusions etc all to no avail. Supplements, enzymes, all with no effect.
I have tried the ginger and peppermint, and they dont do much for me, which is why I am now on such a high dosage of anti emetics (metoclopramide and zofran).
I have been told it is closely related to cyclic vomiting syndrome, but without the vomiting. Also there is little known about the cause of that. They are also individuals who are otherwise healthy but have vomiting cycles lasting days and sometimes months.
I guess Im just looking for some people to relate to. I know that probably it will just take a long time to find the right "cocktail' of drugs to get me symptoms free, if ever.
I am taking a low dose of amitriptyline (an anti depressant) with the hope that it will balence the chemicals in my brain that tell my body to feel nauseous.
Has anyone had any luck with any of the other antidepressants for this reason?
How do you guys deal with the constant nausea? Sometimes I just despair of ever being able to lead a normal life again.....