View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
(male)

SirMack HB User
Very Painful Cramps in the Neck, Throat and Tongue

Sometimes I will yawn or just out of nowhere, and will get an extreme painful "cramp" almost like a 'charlie horse' in my neck that lasts for 20 or 30 seconds and hurts for upwards of an hour or two afterwards.

The first type of attack is essentially if I yawn or turn my neck in a strange way, or even if I swallow too hard I will get an extremely painful cramp in my neck which is very similar to a charlie horse. It usually lasts from 15-30 seconds, occasionally up to a minute, and the pain will linger like that of a pulled muscle for minutes, hours, or even days after the attack.

The second type of attack I have is a cramping encompassing a larger area, where my neck, throat, and tongue all seem to cramp together. It is very painful and it also has with it a lingering pain that can last for minutes, or even hours. When this occurs I get the symptom I described above, but in this case my throat seems to cramp in addition to my neck, although I can still breath, and my tongue will cramp, with the rear part of the tongue almost feeling like it is balling up like a charlie horse. In my last attack my tongue took several minutes before I could move it like before, and the pain in the back of the tongue lasted for a couple hours.

The first type of attack happens a few times per year, with the second type of attack occurring very rarely. I am wondering if anyone else has had similar attacks and if they were able to figure out the root cause of it?

The Following User Says Thank You to SirMack For This Useful Post:
ANGELIQ (05-16-2012)