View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
(male)

flyfisher37 HB Userflyfisher37 HB Userflyfisher37 HB User
Re: Incontinence after prostate removal

Hi Mudrunner,

You are absolutely right about most of us guys not doing the Kegal exercises correctly. When I first started doing them, it didn't seem to be doing any good at all, at least it felt like nothing was happening. But then I happened to meet someone like ourselves who had a radical prostatectomy and he did very well after surgery with the method he practised.

I will try to be as delicate as possible with this explanation and I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. He told me to imagine that I had to pass gas in the worst way and to contract my butt muscles and pelvic muscles as if I was trying to prevent that from happening. it worked for me. The other stuff I had read about doing Kegal exercises just didn't make it as plain and simple as it could have been.

Of course, what you say is quite true about the end result of the incontinence issue. Some guys will get control back and some won't. Three of my personal friends have all had RPs and two of them have good control and the third one has had to wear a pad for almost 2 years now.

Something to think about.....Lionel