View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

daff HB User
Re: Salvage radiation after Hormone Therapy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher37 View Post
I am still, at this point in time, uncertain as to which path I should pursue. I would like to have the salvage radiation first before anything else, just to satisfy myself that I'm am indeed trying every method available to beat this disease.
I realize I have only a fraction as much knowledge on the subject as Jim has (and you too, by now, with the research you've done). I do recall hearing about two schools of thought as to whether to have hormonal treatments prior to or after proton beam radiation (assuming hormonal blockade was a suggested step for an individual patient). One of the treatment centers suggested that its patients get the hormonal blockade prior to the radiation, and another, after the radiation.

I'm not saying this to confuse things even more. I know you're still checking this thing out with more doctors, and that's probably the best thing you can do. Hopefully you'll find out that there's no one known "best" way, but a range of equally good choices. I wish you the best of luck in figuring out your alternatives.