View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: Is this what anxiety is??? Please help....

Hi morgansmama. It seems like you are going through a very rough time right now. You have ome to the right place. Anxiety can be horrible. If you read through some of the previous posts you can find people who have had a very similar experience to what you have when it comes to the symptoms. You said you had your tyroid checked and it was high when you went to the hospital the first time. Do you know exactly what test they did on you? I would suggest getting your TSI, TPO, FT3, FT4 and TSH done. There are some other tests you can get done as well. It seems as though your anxiety is stemming from your thyroid problem. If your thyroid level (most likely your TSH) was high you definetely have a thyroid problem and that usually triggers panic and anxiety. Its a common "side effect" of a thyroid problem. I would make sure the doctor (I'd say get to an endocrinologist if you coud) do a full thyroid testing on you so you can be treated properly for this problem. It will not go away on its own and the medications you are taking now dont seem to be helping you much. I recently noticed my thyroid levels are off and I have an endo appt on Jan 19. I am going to get more testing done. This is mostly likely what caused/is causing my anxiety and panic symptoms. Its horrible. It is also tough when nobody in the family understands especially your husband. Once you get the treatment you need you will be fine. You will be okay. Anytime you need to talk we are here to listen and wont judge you. We are going through the same thing. Good luck to you. =)