View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #4
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: Is this what anxiety is??? Please help....

Just because those levels are "normal" doesnt mean they are. This is a common problem with thyroid sufferers. Do you know your lab results? Also have you had antibodies tests done? These are sometimes definitive for Hashimotos or Graves disease or both. I would ask to get a TSI (Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin) This test with antibodies will show that you have Graves disease. The TPO (Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies) will show if you have Hashimotos. People can also have both. You can also get your thyroglobulin level checked as well. Your panic attacks can also be unrelated to thyroid. I would say it would be safe to check more thyroid tests. Sometimes it takes a while for people to actually be diagnosed with anything, but the sooner the better. You want to make sure you are getting treated for what is bothering you if there is truly an underlying condition to the panic and anxiety. But like I said, it can also be unrelated. I just hope you do find the help you need with all of this and hope you start to feel normal again. I understand the feeling. Everyday I have things in the back of my mind or have a physical symptom that I ponder on and then my anxiety gets worse. Its horrible. The xanax may help. It makes people sleepy sometimes but I took it a few times when I really needed it. When I felt a panic attack coming on, I took it. I didnt take it every day though because it is habit forming. Let me know how it goes for you. I really do feel for you and hope the best.