View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
(male)

Silas1066 HB User
Re: Questions- prostatitis/cystitis

I have had similar issues ... and am going through it right now (see my other post). I'm only 38, so BPH is unlikely (although not impossible).

When I was 32, the doctor did a urine test, blood test, and digital rectal exam--all came back clean, but I felt like hell. So he put me on Flomax for a month, I quit drinking caffeine and alcohol, limited spicy food intake, etc.

After about a month, symptoms went down 80%. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last of it. Years later, I had other "flare ups." I would adjust my diet, take supplements, work out, and symptoms would subside again.

Now the weird thing is that my sister had horrible Interstitial Cystitis when she was in her late 20s that almost put her on disability. Kind of strange that two siblings would have urinary issues like this.

Go get a urine test done to rule out a UTI (doesn't sound like and STD to me, but I'm not a doctor). It might be prostatitis--especially with the pain you are feeling.

Ejaculation doesn't seem to have much to do with it--although when I am feeling bad I steer clear of the bedroom. Some studies have shown that ejaculation is good for the prostate, so I wouldn't worry about that.