View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
(female)

BadPPH HB User
Re: My Recent PPH Surgery Experience

It makes me feel a little better to hear of similar stories. Josh, please keep me posted on your progress. The doctors think I'm crazy, but I have the same thing you described. I have terrible mornings, with as many as 15 bowel movements between waking and about 2 PM. Around 2 PM, I'm fine for the rest of the day, other than the aching and pain in and around my bottom. I've lost over 15 pounds. My PPH surgery was September 17, so it's been about 3 and a half months now. My surgeon has since said that if he knew I had IBS, he would not have done the surgery. I think the spasms are the worst part. But, then the spasms cause the bowel movements, and the bowel movements cause the pain. So, I am actually in worse shape now than before my PPH surgery. The surgeon performed an outpatient procedure on 12/22 to double check what was going on. He found that one of the staples from the PPH was lodged somewhere it should not have been and he removed it. He also did a colonoscopy to check for any chronic diseases, but everything was fine. My surgeon believes the next step is the traditional hemorroidectomy, but cannot perform the surgery until the IBS is under control. So, three and a half months later, I'm still in a lot of pain from the hemorrhoids that the PPH surgery was supposed to correct.