View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

cyndi7729 HB User
lymphoma with pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma

I have a friend that is in her mid 40's just diagnosed with lymphoma it has spread to her pancreas and they are calling it pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma, stage 4. Does anyone have any info on this and what we can expect for her? She doesn't look sick at all, in fact the opposite, she looks great, but I know this is not good news. I don't know anything about lymphoma or the pancreatic cancer she now has along with it. Has anyone out there had this and survived? Should we be hopeful or should we prepare for the worst? I know some lymphomas can be put in remission, but now that it has spread should we still hope for this? Her doctor is going to try and shrink the tumor with the hopes that they can go in and remove it later. It sounds like a good plan, but is possible to cure pancreatic cancer once it is in stage 4? We are very worried for her and her family. She has 3 young daughters that she has homeschooled their whole life and I can't imagine how frightening this must be for all of them. I would love to give some hope with good news from other survivors.