View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
(female)

precious49 HB User
Re: My Husband has Prostate Cancer - now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildewoman View Post
My husband got the call on Thursday night from his urologist - following a biopsy the previous week - the biopsy was done because the urologist said his PSA was elevated.

The urologist told my husband that we need to meet with the Cancer Team - a urologist, a radiologist & some one else he can't recall in February & discuss my husbands options. He was told he has 3 options:

1. Surgery to remove the prostate
2. Radiation
3. Do nothing

My husband will be 62 in 2 weeks. We are both overwhelmed at this time.

We leave for an 8 day cruise in 5 days. When we got the high PSA test we decided - lets just do the biopsy before our vacation so it's done & we won't have to worry about it.

Now, I feel like I'm worried about everything.

I'm trying to find out as much as I can before the appointment ~ my husband said - "lets just do what they recommend." Heavy sigh . . . .

I'm not sure I like any of the 3 choices . . . .I wish there was a 4th option!!

Thanks!!
Hello Wildewoman,
I am so sorry that you've had to join us on this thread. My husband, age 60, had the Robotic Surgery by Dr. Carson Wong. We wanted the cancer gone. I know that there are alot of options and it is overwhelming but this thread has alot of information and take your time in making the best decision.
Please have a Great Time on your cruise. Try your best to not let this spoil your fun together. Love and Pamper each other. There will be plenty of time to make a decision when you get back home. If you want to know anything about the Robotic Surgery and what happens after--feel free to ask me anything. I have permission from my sweet husband of 41yrs. to tell his story of how we have dealt with it all. But you can't ask me until you get back from your cruise--Please Enjoy It. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay