View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
(female)

DizzieBlonde HB User
Re: Dizziness/Vertigo - Is your's worse pre-period?

Boy, I've just read your post - it can be so very hard to keep positive when one is ill. Two years of being housebound, that circumstance alone can bring on depression, life changes in a way we don't want it too or expect. You have obviously found great strength to keep you going through this time.
I have been watching a bit of TV lately, it's school holidays, so I sneak into the bedroom for a rest, and I saw something else on Ophra I liked. They were having a spiritual discussion and the lady on the panel said some thing like: We are not confronted with circumstances we cannot handle, and when we are faced with them we should think of the internal strength/characteristic (eg: courage/kindness) we need to enhance that will help us through our difficult time. And if we do we are able to grow. Wow, what a great philosophy!

I have an interest in sociology, so yes I have noticed that 'illnesses' have changed, historically this happens quite often as society changes and we 'adapt' to the new environment, like the industrial revolution. And we certainly didn't see video game addiction boot camps 10 years ago! Would make a good book, hey!