View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
(female)

precious49 HB User
Re: Dizziness/Vertigo - Is your's worse pre-period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzieBlonde View Post
Ah yes I understand, in the early time of my balance disorder I couldn't get up out of bed (five min max to go to the loo). I still get quite alot of visual disturbances too. As time has progressed I can certainly get around better, but sometimes just can't and have to stay in bed - no choice. I have to be carefull everyday how I move around as I can provoke an episode, and I've had to sleep elevated for six years now.

Luckily if I have an episode outside of the normal daily thing it tends to be around for one day and I feel confident it will pass fairly quickly, so I just go with it. Sounds bad, but I really do very well, and graduated from College (as a mature aged student) in 2007!

It's been so hot here today but I can see a thunder storm rolling in - whew!

Lucy
Hello,
Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'm having another problem and had to go to the emergency room. But I'm better now. More tests from that visit next week.
What type of vision problems do you have? Have the Drs. actually given you a name for it? When my episodes are really bad, I sleep in a recliner and it seems to help only a little.
Congrats for graduating--I'm sure that it wasn't always easy My vision jumpiness has made it very difficult for me and I lost a great job because it kept me down so long that they had to replace me. I've really missed working and try to do home-based jobs but that hasn't always worked out. Right now I'm going to try to breed my Yorkshire Terriers and will hopefully be able to sell them. At times they actually helped me during my worst episodes, I would have to get up and take care of their needs even when I really didn't want to get up at all. They are so much fun.
It was really beautiful today. Warm and sunny--just like springtime. But it is suppose to get really cold by Saturday. Next week we might get snow. We really need the moisture.
Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay