View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

lovepairs HB User
Candida/Yeast, Gluten and Weight Loss

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I just finished reading a thread back from 2007 about yeast overgrowth and it's impact upon weight loss. I would like to start a new thread on this topic, because I just disovered that I have a sensitivity/allergy to yeast, which explains I variety of symptoms that I've suffered, since I was 5 years old. I am now 51 and finally getting handle on what doctors could not figure out my entire life. The symptoms included:

Canker sores
Thrush
constipation
Chalazian cycsts
frequent colds
fertility issues
yeast infections
chronic fatique
foggy thinking
dry mouth
felling like there was a monkey on my back
and
INABILITY TO LOSE WEIGHT!

About 16 years ago, I lost 95 lbs. with Weight Watchers and like magic just about all of my symptoms just disappeared! It took me 1 year and 9 months to loose this weight, which included a dedicated excersise routine (the first one I did in my entire life.) This was a long journey, which also included cutting all processed foods out of my life, no more soda or fruit juices, all baked goods, icecream, chocolate, candies, and pastas goodbye, I never felt so good in my life!

I might mention here that my father has suffered from many of the symptoms above his entire life, including a stomach ulcer and gaves disease, too, along with a general malaize his entire life. He never corrected his diet and continues to suffer putting all of his faith in conventional medicine.

During the last 16 years I've make a switch from conventional doctors, who not didn't have the time to figure out what was going on with me, and also didn't seem to really care, to homeopathic professionals. I took it upon myself to educate myself about nutrition, and believe that I have read every book on the planet!

After a very long process of elimination, and about 16 years of experimenting with food (meaning taking certain foods out and then putting them back in and watch for reaction) I have discovered that I definitely have a Candida overgrowth, have an allergy or sensitivity to yeast, and may have an allergy to gluten (I'm still not sure about this one.)

I was wondering if anyone else out there is like me, and if we may start a conversation about Yeast-free and Gluten-free diets.

I'll wait to hear if there is any response. Thank you