View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
(male)

cza123 HB User
Re: hepatic encephalopathy stage 4(?) -- anyone with experience please

Hi,

I was just reading about your relative and I swear I am in the exact same boat with a close relative as well. Everything you wrote is exactly what we are living through with him. Can I ask how your relative is doing? Did they come out of the coma? We were told the other day we wasn't going to make it through the night. It's been 72 hours since he went to Emergency. He couldn't wake up and did not respond, got to the ER and was intubated (the tubes down his throat to breath) because his breathing was so fast...Blood pressure dropping, etc... He was not being sedated yesterday and started to go after the tubes so today he is sedated again. He also has MRSA which is an infection. That is not good when the liver and everything else is not working too good. His blood wasn't clotting and he was getting plazma. I feel there is no hope. Do you think there is? I am still trying to get him on the liver transplant list but it's been a long process. I'm not givnig up just yet. Just wondered what to expect since the doctors don't seem to give us any answers! Thank you

The following user gives a hug of support to cza123:
luyingjie (01-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to cza123 For This Useful Post:
luyingjie (01-25-2012)