View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Kertie446 HB User
Re: Awful treatment with no luck

Hi, Angie and thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I don't really trust any of my doctors in my GP surgery. They are the ones that recommended and, funnily enough, said I'd be in good hands with this Rheumatologist and they have made so many mistakes and misdiagnoses before that I really just cannot trust them as they keep trying to say it's all in my head but I know it isn't as my x-rays and MRIs have shown this to be a physical problem and I certainly trust the radiologists that read my x-rays and MRIs more than the doctors and consultants that I've seen so far.

I think I'd be extremely lucky to even be took any notice of as the Rheumatologist even had the nasty insight to make a funny comment of the fact he will not give me any forms for Disability and I didn't even want any forms! All I went for was for an answer and some tests to find out if I could rule out Lupus but he didn't even bother with any tests, just sent me packing. He seemed to think I went there just to get Disability forms for money and that is so not true. I would give anything to not have the awful rash on my face and the aches and pains in my spine and body and he didn't see it this way. I almost cried to be honest. I just couldn't believe it that a consultant Rheumatologist at a supposedly world-renowned orthopaedic hospital could be so heartless.

He didn't even tell me why he thinks I have this red blush like rash on my face that spreads onto my nose and round. Why didn't he at least order some tests to find out?

All this just beats me. My mom has said that she is fed up of taking me to these consultants as they keep brushing me to one side and wants me to forget I even have this rash or this awful pain but how can I do that when the rash is scarring my face up? I don't honestly know where to turn anymore and feel isolated. My doctors are working against me, they only believe what the consultants have to say, not what I have to say as the patient. They are one-sided on everything.

Why have I got this rash? He still never answered my question. He wasted my time and I feel very annoyed with these consultants and doctors as they are getting paid to do this.

I don't know I'm just so fed up with life right now - my health is in tatters and my doctors and consultants aren't there for me because they don't want to be.

Sorry for rambling on. I just feel like I need to get it out and no one else will listen, not even my mom as she thinks I am probably making it up but I don't know. I just can't trust anyone much now as I've always been ignored or told to get on with it. I have found this forum and the people on here so much better at listening than anyone else that I've met face to face.

Just to let you know, I am in the UK so I've no idea what Rheumatologists would be recommended in the UK.

Kind regards

Niad