View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Local tragedy strikes here...I won't tell Mom..

It's hard to shelter them from events when the TV is going, staff and family are talking, and even some residents pick up on it. Yet they tend to forget, not comprehend the enormity of the event, or not connect it to themselves. Flying is much safer than driving. I remember seeing how many dots were on a national map that I saw once. Each little dot was a plane in the air at that moment. When you compare that to the few incidents we have the safety record makes it the safest way to travel. We take a bigger risk every time we drive to the grocery store.

As for your Mom, Mom's will worry!!! Her concern is centered around her and therefore you because you are important to her. Just reassure her the best you can and don't make a big deal out of it. For her, the events of the last few weeks in your area and on the Hudson will be lost news.

The crash was a tragedy for all those involced and their loved ones. As my friend the fireman used to tell me about any accident victim, somebody's life just took a major hit so pray for them and those they left behind. I lost my frustration from sitting in traffic because of an accident after he reminded me. Now I just use that time to pray for those involved.

Love, deb