View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: H. Pylori? Celiac Disease? Something else?

Hi...I just wanted to write to say that I can totally relate to what you're going through. My stomach has been very unhappy the last few weeks, and I've been diligently trying to figure out why. Similar to your situation, I've been dealing with chronic bloating, gas, abdominal pain, stomach gurgling/churning, and nausea...which all occur after I've eaten a meal. In addition to that, I also have been having bowel issues...mainy loose stools, and incomplete elimination. I'm at my wit's end. I often am afraid to eat because I fear getting these awful symptoms after each meal. I just made an appointment to see my primary doctor and I'm hoping he will refer me to a gastro doc for some testing. I've been suspecting for awhile now, that it might be some kind of sudden food intolerance. I've been consuming a lot of whole grain products lately, so in the back of my mind I've been thinking Celiac's or a gluten-intolerance. My hubby thinks it could be an ulcer or some kind of bacterial overgrowth thing...so I'm not sure. All I know is that it sucks feeling like this! It's starting to affect every aspect of my life. I haven't slept well in weeks because the stomach gurgling/churning keep me awake in discomfort. It almost feels like the food I'm eating is not being digested properly...and my stomach is working overtime (thus the gurgling noises and churning sensations) to digest food. Ughhh...I so desperately want to feel better than this!

I hope you and your doctor are able to figure out what is troubling your tummy!

Linda