View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

worrywart89 HB User
tingling/Raynaud's Phenomenon?

About a year ago, I noticed some tingling in my hands and feet. I went to see my pediatrician about it who then sent me to a neurologist. I am a vegetarian so I got some blood work done to rule out any nutritional problems. After some neurological tests, I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon. However, I am not convinced that this is the right diagnoses. I have almost constant tingling in my hands and feet. When my hands are really cold they hurt and sometimes fingers go completely numb. When I wear high heels or other tight shoes, the tingling in my feet increases. Occasionally I feel tingling on the back of my head and occasionally I will get a brief pins and needles sensation somewhere on my legs. In the summertime when it is very hot outside I feel a painful pins and needles sensation in my chest that increases with stress. From what I understand, these are not common symptoms of Raynaud's. Does anybody else experience this? I understand that sometimes Raynaud's is a symptom of some underlying, more serious disease. Could this be true in my case? I am already wary because I have this seemingly chronic condition at the age of 19... I just want to be sure Raynaud's is all I have. Any help that anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.