View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
(male)

lowt HB User
Unhappy Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

Hello to everyone who has posted on this thread, i too am knew and have just found this site.
I have been suffering from chronic nausea for almost 2 and a half years, i have had many tests most come back normal, i do have a slightly elevated ESR which no doctor has been interested in, I have not had a HIDA scan as most of the drs ive seen don't know what it is or don't think i need one.
I do have a small hiatus hernia and reflux but the drs dont think this is the cause of the nausea as i have been taking nexium for the reflux but it doe's not stop the nausea.
I also agree with one of the posts about temperature as i feel worse when it's really hot or really cold.
My nausea is always pretty bad, some days really bad the anti nausea drugs have little to no effect but phenergan does help a bit, i was diagnosed with anxiety but it was only at work and about the nausea itself that i felt anxious, my boss knew i was sick and suffering anxiety and decided to put even more pressure on me and eventually i got so sick i couldn't work any more.
Since leaving my job the nausea has not improved and i have not been able to work, most people drs included just think i'm using the nausea as an excuse not to work, but i worked for almost 20 yrs without ever being out of work before this happened.
Ive seen psych drs and psychologists and taken drugs they prescibed but it has not helped, i think that the latest Gastro dr has diagnosed me with idiopathic nausea because i'ts the easy way out for him.
One thing i have noticed is that i feel worse when standing slightly better sitting and slightly better again when i lie down.

People who have not suffered with chronic nausea do not understand how debilitating it is and how over time you lose hope of ever feeling normal again and how hard it is to come to terms with living like this for the rest of your life.

The Following User Says Thank You to lowt For This Useful Post:
kubla17 (12-20-2011)