View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Pain that is out of control! HELP!

Megs,
I also just read your other post about having difficulty starting to go to the toilet. That combined with your other symptoms could be something called Cauda Equina Syndrome. It basically is a worsening of your symptoms, increasing numbness or weakness ( spreading of it in some cases), increasing pain levels, and difficulty or inability to start or stop bodily functions. You should do some looking up for it on the internet. I would place a call to your surgeon and let him know what is going on with your body, and the lessing strength, increasing numbness. It may very well not be CES, however , if it is, you need to get it taken care of as soon as possible. It is a medical emergency, not something to wait and see if it gets better......
I don't want to scare you but at the same time I do.....it is a serious problem that can cause permanent damage if not fixed fast.
Back