View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

morvets HB User
Looking for Support

My wife was diagnosed with depression after we got engaged about 4 years ago. We've been through drug changes, breakdowns, low to non-existent libidos, and you name it. I've done fairly well up until the last 6-12 months. I graduated from professional school in that time frame and am finally in the "real world". I suppose that the stress of the real world has gotten to me and I stopped showing her how important she is to me. I'm sure that is the reason for the latest development.

Just over a week ago, my wife was talking to her mother on the phone in the same room as our daughter and I, then went into our bedroom and shut the door. Well, to make a long story short, I regrettably got her to tell me what they were talking about. It turns out that she has recently felt the desire for sex (her libido has been a problem since she went on meds) and she confessed that she has feelings for a guy at work. She says she loves me and is committed to us. All the while she is going through a med change that is not working.

Since the revelation, I've gone full force with doing the mushy romantic stuff I did back when we were dating, but I still am not sure that she really wants us to work. I don't know if it is a medication problem or true feelings and I think she is in the same boat.

I guess I'm looking for ideas/support/I don't know. Lately, I've felt like I may have depression. I've never looked to anyone for support for myself and kind of feel lost.

There is a lot more to the story but I don't have time to write it all.

Any help would be appreciated.