View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopalong_too HB User
Re: Help!! Overlapping symptoms of HypoT and Candida Albicans

Thank you for your reply. I don't "suspect" Candida. I know it is there because the blood test came back positive. The problem I have is that my doctor said it is NOT an issue because everybody has SOME Candida. Why then would they have a blood test for it? The test I had gave a titer result. It says IgG titer 1:3000 Weakly positive I did phone that company today that did the test and they told me again that it needs to be followed up.

MG has posted the symptoms previously as follows:
Quote:
The most common symptoms are (starting with those that overlap hypothyroidism symptoms) an incapacitating fatigue, problems with concentration and short-term memory, flu-like symptoms such as pain in the joints and muscle, extreme tightness in the shoulders and neck, hyper-acidity/acid reflux, chronic sinus problems and headaches including migraines, chronic dental problems, (now for the Candida specific symptoms) *brown colored mucus in the back of the throat, *blisters in the mouth/tongue/throat, *either white or "blood blisters", un-refreshing sleep, sore throat, * white coated tongue, and * "crawling" skin(this may fit the hypothyroid itchies.. if I feel like something is crawling on me I want to slap and scratch at it...).
Thanks MG

Also since my test says IgG....What is the difference between Candida Albicans IgG and what I see elsewhere as Candida Albicans IgA?

Last edited by hopalong_too; 03-17-2009 at 06:01 PM.