View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
(female)

ladybugmandy HB User
Re: WHY do these EBV threads exist?

hello! ok here is a little of my story:

i got mono (EBV) in 1992. immediately after the acute phase, i started noticing some flu like symptoms were remaining. then, i noticed that i could not think as clearly and was forgetting things. i could no longer process information or learn like i used to. i also had a lot of neck pain and fatigue. i was convinced i had an infection but no one believed me. they said i was just depressed.

to make a long story short, i had to drop out of university and learn to live with the illness because no local doctor i saw was able to help me and few even believed in the disease.

eventually, about 3 1/2 years ago, my condition had deteriorated to the point where i could not get out of bed and could barely remember the year. my life had become unbearable and i seriously consdered suicide many many times.

at that time, my wonderful mother agreed to use her savings and send me to the US to seek treatment (i live in toronto, canada). i saw 2 doctors in NYC, one of whom told me there was no hope for me to recover because too much time had passed. i had a nervous breakdown.

then, i went to see dr. a. martin lerner in beverly hills, michigan. he had the disease himself for 8 years before he found out what to do. he has found (as i am sure many CFS patients have always suspected), that the epstein barr virus (and possibly other pathogens) remain active in some people and need to be treated with antivirals and/or antibiotics.

if you have been sick a long time like me, it can take years to get well - but you CAN get well IF you stick with the treatment and have A LOT of patience.

good luck
love
sue

Last edited by moderator2; 03-21-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules